ABC announcement of new SF neighborhood liquor licenses
The California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) has released its information about the application process for the five new San Francisco neighborhood-restricted restaurant liquor licenses, which have been designated “Type 87” liquor licenses.
The ABC will be accepting applications for the Type 87 licenses at the San Francisco ABC office between September 11 and September 22, 2017. This application is a short one-page document linked below.
If more than five applications are received during this time period, the ABC will conduct a drawing at its SF office on October 12 at 11am.
The first five applicants drawn at the drawing would then be notified by ABC to conduct a community meeting and submit a full liquor license application within 90 days.
Here are links to the documents that have been posted on the ABC’s web site:
2017 (San Francisco-Only) Type 87 Announcements & Application Information
- ABC Announces Special On-Sale Liquor Licenses For San Francisco: http://www.abc.ca.gov/press/PR2017/PR17-29.pdf
- San Francisco County Type 87 Drawing Notice: http://www.abc.ca.gov/Permits/2017_Priority/2017%20SANFRANCISCOCOUNTY%20Drawing%20Notice.pdf
- Type 87 Application Instructions, Form ABC-522: http://www.abc.ca.gov/forms/ABC-522%20Type%2087%20Instructions_%20ABC%20522-1%20(08-17).pdf
- Type 87 Licensing Application, Form ABC-522-1: http://www.abc.ca.gov/forms/ABC-522-1%202017.pdf
- Original Neighborhood-Restricted Special On-Sale General License Public Meeting Requirement Verification, Form ABC-522-2:http://www.abc.ca.gov/forms/ABC-522-2%202017.pdf