BART Planned Service Interruption- February 2019
BART will begin a major four-year retrofit in February 2019 that will impact early-morning commuters with a planned service interruption. Weekday BART service is planned to begin at 5 am, an hour later than the normal 4:00 am. BART will run buses between 3:50 and 4:40 a.m. from 12 stations throughout the Bay Area, with most routes ending at Salesforce Transit Center (STC) in SOMA. The ONLY SF pick up/drop off is the Salesforce Transit Center. Key takeaways:
- Early Bird Express Bus Service will be 15 New lines with bi-directional service at nodes.
• 7 Transbay Express Routes
• 5 Eastbay Express Routes
• 3 Westbay Express Routes
- 13 nodes (including STC & 12 BART Stations).
- Express Bus Service is planned from key nodes as early as 3:50 am with 15 minute services.
- Bus trips arrive at STC at 5:00 am, 5:15 am, 5:30 am.
- From the STC, riders will need to switch to MUNI.
- BART trains will begin around 5:00 am, an hour later than the normal 4:00 am.
View the details of the planned services including route details , time tables, and fare information in full here:
Do you have staff commuting via BART during these early morning hours? Email Chhavi at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know!