Bus shuttles to substitute Powell-Mason Line 9/21-9/29
Here’s a heads up on the upcoming Mason Cable Car Line work which will require bus substitution service for the Powell-Mason Line. Please inform your staff of the following:
- To accommodate the cable car gearbox project, bus shuttles will substitute the Powell-Mason Line along the northern route from Washington and Powell streets to Taylor Street at Francisco Street.
- Bus service will begin on Friday, Sept. 21 at 10 p.m. until the end of service on Saturday, Sept. 29. Regular cable car service will resume at the start of service on Sunday, Sept. 30.
- During this bus substitution, all other cable car lines will operate as usual. Powell-Mason customers traveling to the northern terminal at Francisco and Bay can ride Powell-Hyde Line and transfer to a bus at Washington and Powell streets to continue the rest of the trip.
- The bus shuttles will follow the Mason Line and pick up passengers at the curb at cable car stops. The terminal at Francisco and Bay streets will be out of service. The temporary bus stop is on Taylor, north of Francisco Street.
- Bus service will be free for customers transferring to or from cable cars. Regular fare of $7 will apply on cable car.
- SFMTA ambassadors will be on hand to share information and assist customers transferring between cable cars and buses.
See this flyer for more information including Spanish and Chinese translations.