GGRA News Archive
Proposition E is Good For Restaurants, Good For Jobs, and Good for San Francisco
For years the GGRA has been working to get rid of the payroll tax in San Francisco – a tax that disproportionately hurts industries with high labor costs – like the Restaurant Industry. Finally we have a chance to make the change with this November’s Proposition E.
However, because the measure is complicated and there are many other “tax measures” on the ballot many San Franciscan’s are confused. We need your help to communicate how important it is to support Proposition E.
It will save most restaurants, a core of our small business community, thousands of dollars a year by changing the way San Francisco taxes jobs and moves towards a progressive, fair tax on revenue.
Proposition E is supported by the Mayor, every member of the Board of Supervisors and both the Republican and Democratic parties, and all small business groups in the city. This is a rare alignment of political interests and it underscores the importance of Proposition E.
Proposition E will stop the tax on jobs in San Francisco. Vote YES ON E.
We NEED YOUR HELP to get the word out to your customers, your employees and your friends. If we don’t reform the tax code this year, we may never get it done.
1. Put a Prop E sign in your window, whether it's in your home, your business, or both! If you contact us at (617) 308-8352 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will bring a sign to you, or feel free to pick one up at our headquarters at 2278 Market Street (@ Noe)
2. Write an email to your friends/family/neighbors/organization's members,explaining the importance of voting yes on Prop E and the positive impact it will have for the SF small business community
- A. SAMPLE TO CUT AND PASTE: ("Please support local business in San Francisco and support Proposition E to reform the city’s current tax on jobs. Join me, Mayor Lee, the entire Board of Supervisors, the Golden Gate Restaurant Association, the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce, SFCiti and both the Democratic and Republican parties in support of Proposition E.")
3. Join us at our mobilization this coming Saturday at 10am at our headquarters at 2278 Market Street (we will provide breakfast, have elected officials in attendance, and will be hanging doorhangers around District 8)
4. Join us to do visibility on Election Day! We will be at key locations across the City, holding up signs, handing out literature, and preaching the gospel. Let us know if you can take Tuesday off of work and help us out and we will fill you in on the details as E-Day approaches!
For any questions contact Ben Kaufman at (617) 308-8352.