SF Fights Fires
San Francisco’s restaurants and food purveyor community is committed to helping those affected by the wildfires.
The devastation of the North Bay fires is heartbreaking. Thousands of people have been evacuated, thousands of homes have been lost, and the fires still rage on. This tragic destruction is impacting our employees, friends, families, partners and our greater community, and the need for short- and long-term support is significant.
In response to our desire to do something to help those who are displaced, we have formed a group who is quickly building systems and calling on other resources to help by first providing meals. As a group, we are harnessing the power of our community of restaurants & food purveyors with the idea that by focusing all those who are wanting to help, we will be most effective.
1) Visit https://www.sffightsfire.com for the most up to date information.
2) Please forward this to anyone who may want to join our efforts!
3) Email email@example.com directly with any questions.
CHEFS AND RESTAURANTS: Feed our People
Relief centers throughout Sonoma and Napa County need healthy, filling food three times a day, seven days a week. Let’s feed our people.
Sign up to make food here. The first table on the Google Doc shows upcoming needs. Then, click on the tabs below to sign up for specific items and days. Read specs below before committing.
Sign up to volunteer here.
Download and print food labels here.
Food Requirements + Specs:
- 100 portions of a protein, starch, vegetable or dessert
- Light Salt Please
- Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free should be considerations
- All placed in aluminum reheatable containers
- 2” pan = 20 servings approximately
- 4” pan = 20 servings approximately
- Cater wrap everything, don’t make work for others
- Label all items:
- Time & Temperature
- Re-heat Instructions or Room Temperature
- Labels available here.
- Allergen Considerations (contains dairy, nuts, etc.)
- Please deliver aluminum pans in boxes for easy transport
INDIVIDUALS: Volunteer Time + Donate
Sign up to volunteer here. Every moment you can spare to make and deliver food is needed.
Donating funds more your style? Awesome. We need you.
We’re continuing to identify organizations already working in these communities to provide nourishing meals. Here a few to start wtih.
- Farmer’s Guild
- Community Foundation of Sonoma County
- Redwood Credit Union North Bay Fire Relief
- Napa Valley Community Foundation
- Off The Grid Go Fund Me
HAVE SOMETHING ELSE IN MIND?: Let us know.
We want to know if you and your business are doing anything or are planning to put in place any measures to support the fire relief efforts.
Please email Chhavi Sahni at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how you are giving back or if you would like to get involved. We will be amplifying our community’s involvement via our social channels.
Any action, no matter how small, is helpful and greatly appreciated.
Live updated list of what each shelter needs :
SF Eater has been updating this list regarding businesses and wineries that have been affected: