The Saucy Awards
Industry-driven awards recognizing the excellence of the San Francisco Bay Area restaurant and hospitality community. Nominations open online September 1 2017. Winners will be announced at the gala.
November 6, 2017 at Herbst Theatre
On November 14, 2016 at Herbst Theatre, we celebrated The 1st Annual Saucy Awards ceremony and gala. Months in the making, it was the debut of the first ever industry-driven awards recognizing the Bay Area’s outstanding restaurant and bar community. Check out some beautiful photo highlights from the inaugural evening.
We are thrilled to honor the Bay Area restaurant community with these awards. The purpose of The Saucy Awards® is to recognize the San Francisco Bay Area restaurant & bar community for its excellence. We are the best dining city in America and have been a leader in the culinary field both nationally and internationally.
The Saucy Awards® are by the restaurant industry and for the restaurant industry, with an open nomination process for 19 of the 21 total awards representing 6 categories in hospitality and one additional special designation award.
- Chef of the Year
- Pastry Chef of the Year
- Rising Star Chef of the Year
- Sous Chef of the Year
- Restaurateur of the Year
- Beverage Professional of the Year
- Employee of the Year
- Outstanding Industry Service Provider – Partner
- Outstanding Industry Service Provider- Supplier
- Exceptional Full-Service Restaurant of the Year
- Exceptional Fast-Casual Restaurant of the Year
- Exceptional Non-Brick & Mortar Restaurant of the Year
- Specialty Food Establishment of the Year
- Wine Program of the Year
- Cocktail Program of the Year
- Beer Program of the Year
- Sustainable Restaurant or Bar of the Year
- Community Spirit of the Year
- People’s Choice Winner of the Year
- GGRA Lifetime Achievement Award
Guidelines for each award and nominating criteria can be found here: The Saucy Awards Guidelines.
The complete list of nominees will be announced in October.
This event benefits our non-profit, the Golden Gate Restaurant Association Scholarship & Education Foundation (GGRASF), as a part of our initiative to advance & support the local hospitality industry. The Saucy Awards nomination process is open: nomination form.
For more information please review our Fact Sheet here.