The Saucy Awards
We were thrilled to celebrate the Bay Area’s outstanding restaurant and bar community at the Second Annual Saucy Awards on November 6, 2017.
The Saucy Awards are industry-driven awards recognizing the excellence of the San Francisco Bay Area culinary community.
The Saucy Awards® are by the restaurant industry and for the restaurant industry, with an open nomination process for 19 of the 21 total awards representing 6 categories in hospitality and one additional special designation award for lifetime achievement.
- Srijith Gopinathan, Taj Campton Place, Chef of the Year Presented by Open Table
- Julie Vandermeersch, Vive La Tarte, Pastry Chef of the Year Presented by Williams Sonoma Professional Chefs
- Adam Tortosa, Robin, Rising Star Chef of the Year Presented by TriMark
- Sam Situ, China Live, Sous Chef of the Year Presented by Cayson Designs
- Ryan Cole, Jason Halverson, Tai Ricci and Jason Kirmse, Hi Neighbor Group, Restaurateur of the Year Presented by OpenTable
- Ilya Romanov, The Dorian, Beverage Professional of the Year Presented by Young’s Market
- Stuart Furtwangler, Fogo de Chao, Employee of the Year Presented by Pared
- Amy Svendberg, Poggio, Manager of the Year Presented by Miller Law Group
- Georgopolous & Economidis, Outstanding Industry Service Provider – Partner
- Gulfish, Outstanding Industry Service Provider- Supplier
- Mourad, Exceptional Full-Service Restaurant of the Year Presented by Georgopoulos and Economidis, LLP
- Namu Stonepot, Exceptional Fast-Casual Restaurant of the Year presented by Thanx
- Componere Fine Catering, Exceptional Non-Brick & Mortar Restaurant of the Year
- Powder, Specialty Food Establishment of the Year
- Tartine Manufactory, Wine Program of the Year Presented by Estate Events by Meadowood
- August 1 Five, Cocktail Program of the Year Presented by NFP
- Barrel Head Brewhouse, Beer Program of the Year Presented by Revel Systems
- Scoma’s Restaurant, Sustainable Restaurant or Bar of the Year Presented by Recology
- Zingari Ristorante, Community Spirit of the Year Presented by Comcast Business
- ROOH, People’s Choice Winner of the Year Presented by SF Magazine
- Mariann Costello, GGRA Lifetime Achievement Award Presented by the Golden Gate Restaurant Association
Guidelines for each award and nominating criteria can be found here: The Saucy Awards Guidelines.
The complete list of nominees can be found here.
The complete list of winners can be found here.
This event benefits our non-profit, the Golden Gate Restaurant Association Scholarship & Education Foundation (GGRASF), as a part of our initiative to advance & support the local hospitality industry.
For more information please review our Fact Sheet here.
This incredible event would not be possible without the generous support of our sponsors.
If you are interested in sponsoring the 2018 Saucy Awards email Scott Tashjian, Events & Sponsorship Manager: scott[at]ggra[dot]org.