The Saucy Awards will return November 6, 2017
On November 14, 2016 at Herbst Theatre, we celebrated The 1st Annual Saucy Awards ceremony and gala. Months in the making, it was the debut of the first ever industry-driven awards recognizing the Bay Area’s outstanding restaurant and bar community. Check out some highlights from the memorable evening.
We are excited to honor the Bay Area restaurant community with our first-ever awards gala. The purpose of The Saucy Awards® is to recognize the San Francisco Bay Area restaurant & bar community for its culinary excellence. We are the best dining city in America and have been a leader in the culinary field both nationally and internationally.
The Saucy Awards® are by the industry and for the industry, with an open nomination process for 16 of the 18 total awards representing 6 categories in hospitality and one additional special designation award.
The Saucy Awards® 2016 winners!
- Chef of the Year presented by OpenTable – Ravi Kapur, LihoLiho Yacht Club
- Pastry Chef of the Year presented by Williams-Sonoma for Professional Chefs – Belinda Leong, b.patisserie
- Rising Star Chef of the Year presented by Estate Events® by Meadowood – Melissa Reitz, previously Bar Agricole
- Restaurateur of the Year presented by OpenTable – Nicole Krasinski and Stuart Brioza, State Bird & The Progress
- Beverage Professional of the Year – Lulu McAllister Churchill, LihoLiho Yacht Club & NOPA
- Employee of the Year presented by Airbnb – Kory Cogdill, Tacolicious
- Manager of the Year – Justine Flynn, Souvla
- Outstanding Industry Service Provider (vendors and partners) – Monterey Fish Market
- Exceptional Full-Service Restaurant of the Year presented by BiRite Foodservice Distributors – NOPA
- Exceptional Fast-Casual Restaurant of the Year presented by Georgopoulos & Economidis, LLP – Souvla
- Exceptional Non-Brick & Mortar Restaurant of the Year – RoliRoti
- Wine Program of the Year presented by Robert Mondavi Winery, Napa Valley – A16 & SPQR
- Cocktail Program of the Year presented by Campari America – Bar Agricole
- Beer Program of the Year – Monk’s Kettle
- Sustainable Restaurant or Bar of the Year presented by Recology – The Perennial
- Community Spirit of the Year presented by Comcast – Tacolicious
- People’s Choice Winner of the Year presented by San Francisco Magazine – Copita Tequileria y Comida
- GGRA Lifetime Achievement Award – Pete Sittnick
Guidelines for each award and nominating criteria can be found here: The Saucy Awards Guidelines.
See the complete list of nominees here.
Award winners were announced at a ceremony and gala on November 14, 2016, at the Herbst Theater in San Francisco. The event benefitted our non-profit, the Golden Gate Restaurant Association Scholarship & Education Foundation (GGRASF), as a part of our initiative to advance & support the local hospitality industry. The Saucy Awards nomination process will reopen in the summer of 2017.
For more information please review our Fact Sheet here.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!