Want to host a Rugby Team?
The World Cup of Rugby, the Rugby 7s, will be taking place here in San Francisco at AT&T Park, July 20 – 22, 2018. We are partnering up with the Rugby 7s Host Committee to engage the restaurant community and capitalize on the excitement!
There are 40 teams from 28 different countries and we are coordinating restaurant homes for each team — restaurants willing to host one team (approximately 15 – 20 players & staff) for a meal during their stay. We are suggesting restaurants host the Sunday – Wednesday prior to the event (July 15-18). However, some teams are arriving earlier than the 15th, so that time period is ideal as well. The teams are staying at the SF Hyatt Regency.
- One meal for team and staff (around 15-20 people)
- Hosting the team at least once
- Post to social media about the Rugby World Cup Sevens/Rugby team
Rugby Team Commitment:
- Players will entertain customer interaction for selfies and the like in an informal way
- Post to social media about the host restaurant
Some things to note:
- While we ask you to host at least one meal, you are welcome to have them back!
- Some teams begin arriving earlier than July 15 and would love to come in to your restaurant earlier
- Alcohol is at your discretion, we anticipate most athletes will not be consuming alcohol but it is not your restaurant’s responsibility to police them
Please fill out the interest form to let us know which teams you would love to host and when (they are all listed on the form). While we will try to secure your preference, we hope you’ll have some flexibility to engage countries from all over the world. Reach out to Chhavi Sahni at email@example.com with any questions.
DEADLINE to respond is JUNE 20!